Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Our Lucy, 1996 - 2010

Fourteen years ago, a family friend found a tiny gray kitten perched high in a tree in her yard. The kitten had apparently climbed too high, and was crying for help. As our friend suspected, the kitten eventually got too hungry to wait for a rescue, and she made her way down on her own. Fortunately, we were in the market for a gray cat, so she became our Lucy.

Since that time, Lucy has been a part of our family--really, our first baby. She loved to fetch her little plastic blue ring, taunt Rudy by sleeping on his bed, and give us "head butts" when she wanted some attention. (She also drooled a bit when she purred.)

Last night, after her recent months of declining health, Lucy told us that it was time for her to go. We will miss her friendship, her sense of humor, and her constant presence in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. I know you saw it coming, but it still is hard. TK and I send our condolences

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how did I miss this! I am so sorry about Lucy. I know you will miss her.

    ReplyDelete